There’s been a recent report that accounting firms are making better use of social media than law firms, but what about smaller practices?
Many accountants who dip their toes into social media often get discouraged because a) they’re unclear on what their specific goals are and b) they don’t have a clear strategy.
So first, ask yourself, what do you want to achieve through social media? For example, you can say something like, “I’m going to spend 5 hours a week on social media for 3 months, and I’d like to get at least 2 new clients out of it.”
Secondly, how will you use social media – will you blog, post on Twitter, comment on other’s posts, make a video. Decide this ahead of time.
At Boomopolis, we believe in starting with a 3 month strategy. By the end of the first 3 months, if you are doing a minimum of 5 hours a week, you should definitely see a nice return on your investment.
And remember, through various services, you can schedule your activities to post at certain times, so you can literally sit down for one 5 hour session and take care of all your social media for the whole week.
If you don’t have 5 hours, you can always hire a service like us to take care of it for you.
1. It’s better to post in your own name than in your firm’s name.
2. Don’t make every post about accounting. Determine what your voice is. (Is it funny, philosophical, inspiring?) Include posts that will brighten up people’s day.
3. Ask for endorsements and recommendations on LinkedIn. They’ll fill up your profile and will gain trust in your current and potential clients.
4. Don’t forget about Twitter. It’s proven very successful with lawyers. Accountant can benefit from it as well.
5. Make an online video – even one video with great keywords is amazing for SEO.
Elaine Clarke of cheapaccounting.co.uk says “Social media has helped me to grow at a very rapid pace; a pace that I would not have been able to achieve if not for social media.”
Are you an accountant? Did this article help? Please let us know your thoughts.
*GET LISTED AS AN EXPERT FOR FREE with Boomopolis.tv, and maximize your media exposure. Start HERE.
*Are you a small business, startup or professional who needs strategic social media management? Let us bring you new and repeat customers – starting at $99/month. Find out more at Boomopolis.com.
*More info at 818-538-4011